West Park Hospital and Northern Wyoming Surgical Center, both based in Cody, Wyo., agreed on the hospital’s ownership stake in the center, according to Cody Enterprise.
Here are five points:
1. The surgery center and hospital have been negotiating since June 2015.
2. The deal allows the use of ASC shares “as an inducement to physicians” considering joining the facility, the report notes.
3. West Park Hospital’s board approved the sale of various shares it has owned for the last 15 years, since the ASC opened its doors.
4. The hospital will sell up to 14 shares as needed.
5. The deal also permits local physicians and practitioners to sell up to 21 shares, leaving up to 35 shares available for recruitment.
More articles on surgery centers:
UnitedHealth Group pushes back expiration date on SCA offer exchange; Medical Facilities Corp. increases surgical volume by 7.6% in FY 2016 & more — 5 notes
2 Oregon health systems fight legislation allowing 24-hour stays at ASCs: 4 things to know
Mednax acquires Nevada ophthalmology practice: 5 things to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.