CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Samsung Electronics showcases the GM85 Digital Radiography (DR) system which received 510(k) FDA clearance November 17 for the US market, at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2016 Annual Meeting at McCormick Place in Chicago. At RSNA booth #4735 (South Building, Hall A), Samsung demonstrates the ultimate driving experience for radiologists and technicians by offering the “GM85 Driving Event”.
“RSNA is a great venue for radiologists to learn the diverse ways we are helping hospitals, clinicians and patients.”
“Celebrating our fifth year participating at RSNA, the largest radiology meeting, we would like to thank our valued customers and partners for their ongoing trust and support of our medical imaging innovations,” said Dongsoo Jun, President of Health & Medical Equipment Business at Samsung Electronics and CEO of Samsung Medison. “Listening to our customers’ needs and acting swiftly to fulfill them has led to Samsung’s fast growth in radiology.”
Along with the GM85, Samsung will showcase a wide range of medical imaging solutions from premium mobile digital X-ray to advanced ultrasound systems. Moreover, new clinical research showing how Samsung’s latest ultrasound technology drives better patient care will be presented at its RSNA Corporate Symposium session Monday 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. in Room S101AB. Register to attend here.
“Our products continue to prove their versatility as more healthcare providers find new innovative ways to use them,” said Philip Sullivan, Samsung NeuroLogica President and CEO. “RSNA is a great venue for radiologists to learn the diverse ways we are helping hospitals, clinicians and patients.”
On display at Samsung’s booth are the following technologies:
Digital Radiography (DR)
GM85 [FDA 510(k) cleared November 17, 2016]
- Easy Navigating with Compact Design: With 555mm narrow width and weighing in at a light 349kg, the GM85 allows easy access around tight spaces, even in elevators. A collapsible column gives users clear visibility when moving the system and broadens access to smaller spaces. Adaptive soft-driving control and front-bumper sensor also help make navigation safer.
- Optimized Workflow with Enhanced Usability: SID (Source to Image Distance) Guide supports detailed device positioning with multiple SID settings. S-Align displays the detector’s angle to the THU (Tube Head Unit) for precise alignment to enhance image quality. Quick-positioning allows handle-free, precise body movement by simple button clicks on the THU and optimizes workflow, enabling users to save time.
- Advanced Imaging Technology for Superior Image Quality: S-Vue, the advanced imaging engine, enhances image sharpness and clarity. SimGrid provides high-quality images without using a conventional grid, reducing scatter radiation effects. Also, radiographers can lower retake rates as S-Vue eliminates alignment errors that often occur with a conventional grid.
GC85A (Advanced Applications) adds new features to radiography workflows:
- Fast Stitching: Our upgraded stitching technology reduces process time by 31% compared to the original GC85A. Increased process speed means radiographers receive exam images more quickly. Fast stitching helps lessen the burden on patients who find it difficult to stand for an extended period of time and leave the x-ray room faster than before.
- SimGrid: This feature streamlines workflow because it operates without a portable grid, reducing operator wrist overload. SimGrid also eliminates alignment errors that often occur with portable grids, reducing retake rates and increasing patient satisfaction.
- Bone Suppression: Clarity of soft tissue is improved when suppressing the appearance of bones in chest images.
Portable Computed Tomography (CT)
The BodyTom and CereTom portable systems continue to prove their versatility as they are increasingly adopted and utilized in a wide range of market applications such as mobile stroke units, brachytherapy suites and proton therapy centers, deep brain stimulation and even veterinarian hospitals.
CereTom receives accolades as more mobile stroke treatment units implement the CT scanner:
- The use of CereTom-equipped mobile stroke units expands to several new cities, including New York City, Chicago, and Trenton, New Jersey.
- CereTom was awarded a showcase spot among 14 medical innovations before thousands of hospital executives at Premier Inc.’s Annual Innovation Celebration during the company’s 2016 Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition June 21 for healthcare providers.
BodyTom expands into new care paths as radiologists find more value:
RS80A with Prestige – live scanning demos at our RSNA booth – offers cutting-edge features:
- CEUS+: On the heels of the recent FDA approval of contrast-enhanced ultrasound for liver lesions in adults and pediatrics, Samsung introduces its latest contrast-enhanced ultrasound imaging, CEUS+. The RS80A premium ultrasound system applying sophisticated imaging technology that empowers user’s confident diagnosis. The superb resolution and improved uniformity help users acquire better clarity in the near field. Its automatic brightness-control feature optimizes imaging in real-time, providing users with enough time to diagnose. The CEUS+ also improves the diagnosis of small lesions, and its clear expression of tissue boundaries helps users to achieve interventional procedures with ease and accuracy.
- S-DetectTM for Breast [pending FDA 510(k) clearance, not yet available in the U.S.] – Applying data from 10,000 breast exams to ultrasound imaging, S-Detect helps radiologists understand characteristics of breast lesions to determine whether they’re malignant or benign in a few clicks. The S-DetectTM provides faster and more accurate results by adopting a big-data, deep-learning algorithm in lesion segmentation, characteristic analysis and assessment processes.
For more information on Samsung’s global medical imaging technologies, please visit www.samsungmedicalsolution.com. At RSNA visit booth #4735 (South Building, Hall A) and stay up-to-date by following the Samsung NeuroLogica Twitter feed @SamsungHealthUS.
NeuroLogica, the healthcare subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., develops, manufactures, and markets innovative imaging technologies and is committed to delivering fast, easy and accurate diagnostic solutions to healthcare providers. NeuroLogica, the global corporate headquarters and manufacturer of computed tomography, is also the U.S. headquarters for sales, marketing and distribution of all Samsung digital radiography and ultrasound systems. NeuroLogica’s growing portfolio of advanced medical technologies are used worldwide in leading healthcare institutions helping providers enhance patient care, improve patient satisfaction, and increase workflow efficiency. Samsung is committed to being leaders in the field of healthcare imaging. For more information, please visit http://www.SamsungNeuroLogica.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.