Charlotte, N.C.-based Novant Health donated $10,000 in cash and an additional $10,000 in supplies to Charlotte-based Operation Walk Carolinas to help the medical team offer high-quality orthopedic care to people in Cuba.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Funds from the Novant Health Foundation and Novant Health’s employee giving campaign “Giving. Serving. Together.” make up the $10,000 cash gift.
2. Novant Health employees raised money through four bake sales and individual donations and Novant Health Foundation chipped in, as well. Novant Health then ordered an additional $10,000-worth of supplies and shipped them to Cuba for the May trip.
3. Novant Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital Vice President Jason Bernd said, “Our hospital is excited to be able to partner with this outstanding mission-oriented organization to provide specialty orthopedic care to this underserved population.”
4. Nearly 40 surgeons, internists, physical therapists and other specialists plan to travel to Cuba with Operation Walk Carolinas in May to provide care for Cuban people lacking high-quality orthopedic services.
5. Operation Walk Carolinas was founded by Charlotte, N.C.-based OrthoCarolina orthopedic surgeons Bryan Springer, MD, and Walter Beaver, MD, and is made up of members of OrthoCarolina, Charlotte-based Novant Health and Charlotte-based Carolinas Healthcare System.
More articles on practice management:
PA and NP salaries and job satisfaction: 5 insights