The California Healthcare Performance Information System’s new website, CAqualityratings.org allows consumers to learn more about physicians throughout California.
Here are five things to know:
1. The website rates over 10,000 California physicians on a scale of one to four stars in their area of specialty and may be accessed free of charge.
2. California Chronic Care Coalition and CHPI board member Liz Helms said, “Access to physician information will help equip California consumers with the tools they need to make good health choices and be effective advocates for their own care.”
3. Data was collected from over 10 million patients and analyzed to create the ratings and measure physicians and practices’ ability to provide high-quality tests and procedures for patients with certain conditions.
4. The ratings are based on physician-led methodology to further improve California’s healthcare system and the overall care experience.
5. The website allows consumers to search by physician name, medical specialty and location to help them learn about their current physicians and/or help them find a new one.
More articles on practice management:
Remedy Partners reports 7.7% episode of care savings through voluntary bundled payment models: 5 insights