Neurosurgeon Stephen Ondra, MD, joined Louisville, Ky.-based RowdMap as head of clinical risk innovation strategy, according to Yahoo! Finance.
RowdMap’s Risk-Readiness platform assists providers in identifying, quantifying and reducing no-value care.
Here are seven highlights:
1. In his new role, Dr. Ondra will offer clinical expertise and payer advice to help with the transition to value-based care.
2. He will leverage government benchmark data and other information to create approaches for improving the value of healthcare, such as efficiencies to reduce low value care and Pay-for-Value Ready Networks.
3. Dr. Ondra joins RowdMap from North Start Healthcare Consulting.
4. He served in the United States Army and was a neurological surgery professor at Chicago-based Northwestern University.
5. Dr. Ondra previously served in the Executive Office of the President as the National Science and Technology Council’s co-chair for health information technology. He also was the senior healthcare advisor to the secretary of Veterans Affairs.
6. Following his time in the government, Dr. Ondra became senior vice president and CMO of Chicago-based Memorial Hospital.
7. He then became senior vice president and CMO of Chicago-based Health Care Services Corporation.
More articles on spine:
Dr. James Lynch first Nevada surgeon to use Titan Spine technology — 5 takeaways
Medical College of Wisconsin names Dr. Shekar Kurpad chair of neurosurgery — 5 things to know
7 key notes on cervical decompression and fusion complications for older patients