Midtown Outpatient Surgery Center in Delray Beach, Fla., recently implemented the Surgical Notes ASC Cloud EHR solution.
Here are five things to know:
1. Midtown is a multispecialty ASC focused on orthopedics, spine and pain management. The center has accreditation from The Joint Commission and certification from Medicare.
2. The ASC implemented Surgical Notes’ ASC Cloud, which is designed for surgery centers. The system allows users to manage complex clinical, quality and financial reporting and capture data at the point of care using familiar workflows and forms.
3. The EHR can be accessed on several tools, including the Apple iPad.
4. ASC Cloud is designed to help providers reduce costs, increase accuracy and deliver on-demand reporting that can maximize profitability.
5. Training on the system is minimal and it requires little IT support. The ASC Cloud technology is scalable and doesn’t require a significant software or hardware investment.
“ASC Cloud is similar to using a paper chart, which is what makes it so easy to implement,” said Chris McMenemy, president of Ortmann Healthcare Consulting Services, which provides consulting services to Midtown. “Instead of writing on a piece of paper, we are clicking and writing on an iPad. It looks like a paper chart. It’s even possible to orally dictate into the system to alleviate some typing. The final result is a chart that is easier to read, more accurate, faster and more secure.”
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.