Mednax acquired a private ophthalmology practice based in Henderson, Nev.
Here are five things to know:
1. Mednax purchased the practice of Bruce E. Snyder, MD, which includes three full time non-clinical associates in addition to himself. He specializes in pediatric and adult ophthalmology.
2. The practice serves 11 hospitals and three surgery centers in area surrounding Las Vegas.
3. Mednax already provides services in Nevada covering anesthesiology, neonatology, pediatric intensive care and pediatric hospital medicine, among others.
4. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed. It was a cash transaction and the company expects it to be immediately accretive to earnings.
5. So far in 2017, Mednax has acquired five new physician groups.
More articles on healthcare:
ASC executive takes helm at Shelby Baptist Medical Center: 5 takeaways
NYU Langone Medical Center seeks CON approval for $32.9M ASC: 4 key points
AmSurg partners with Healthcare Bluebook on quality, cost tool: 5 things to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.