Here are five notes:
1. Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital’s neurosurgeons and spine surgeons require their patients take the classes.
2. A joint and spine clinical nurse navigator teaches the classes, which offer insight into pre-surgery all the way through recovery.
3. Specifically, patients learn about the following topics, among others:
• Surgery details
• Precautions following surgery
• Pain management
• Wound care
• Surgical infection prevention
4. The classes include a Q&A session as well as implant model demonstrations.
5. Upon class completion, patients receive a lesson guidebook, a wash kit for pre-surgery and a spine surgery clinical pathway.
More articles on practice management:
Rush physicians to speak at Workers Compensation Conference
Medscape: Orthopedists top list again for highest earners — What do they make?
Community Hospital in Indiana nearly done with neuro, spine renovations — 5 notes