Cheryl Pegus, MD, New York City-based NYU Langone Medical Center’s director of general medicine and clinical innovation, offered five strategies for physicians to consider when taking on leadership roles in Medscape.
1. Seek additional training and resources to learn about areas including predictive modeling, data analytics, reimbursement, clinical trials and regulation.
2. Become a member of various organizations where you can collaborate with your colleagues.
3. Consult a mentor who can provide guidance as well as constructive criticism.
4. Understand what makes a team successful.
5. Remember your role as a physician first and foremost.
More articles on surgery centers:
Kenny Hancock joins Partners Surgical Corp. as chief business development officer: 4 key points
WSJ: Pressure mounts for Ryan as House vote on AHCA inches closer
ASC executive takes helm at Shelby Baptist Medical Center — 5 takeaways
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.