Dental Bone Void Filler Market Size Worth $127.0 Million By 2028: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global dental bone void filler market size is expected to reach USD 127.0 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growth is attributable to the biological performance of materials, such as calcium phosphate-based bone substitutes that are biocompatible, have good volume maintenance over time, and are bioabsorbable. Dental professionals are at risk of contracting COVID-19 infection due to proximity with patients during the dental procedures. This factor has created fear among the dental professionals leading to reduced patient intake, which can, in turn, hamper the market growth.
Key Insights & Findings:
- Technological advancements are expected to propel market growth. For instance, a three-dimensional scaffold supports new tissue growth of a Demineralized Bone Matrix (DBM) that has osteoinductive qualities
- DBM provides a framework for matrix and cell protein adhesion and contains osteogenic substances that help induce new bone growth. Thus, 3D technology increases the demand for DBM, thus propelling the market growth.
- The DBM segment accounted for the largest revenue share of nearly 25% in 2020 owing to growing technological advancements in the medical-dental field
- North America contributed for the second-largest share of around 38.0% owing to the high healthcare expenditure
- In addition, the presence of key companies and well-established reimbursement policies will boost the regional market growth
Read 80 page market research report, “Dental Bone Void Filler Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Material Type (Calcium Phosphate Cements, Calcium Sulfates, DBM), By Region (APAC, North America), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
Bone grafting is being widely practiced in dentistry as poor fixation and loosening of dental implants are common complications. Thus, void fillers are used to minimize these complications and facilitate cellular growth & targeted high-quality bone formation, as well as increase the contact interface with the graft. This results in stabilization and better fixation of dental implants. Such benefits are expected to boost market growth.
The global market is also driven by the availability of advanced materials, such as hydroxyapatite. For instance, Osbone, hydroxyapatite, is a graft material indicated for augmentation of the atrophied alveolar ridge and filling bone defects. The benefit of Osbone includes a minimal residual risk of allergic and infections reactions., which, in turn, ensures long-term and fast stability of the scaffolding for bone generation. Such advantages increase the demand for the product thus boosting the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dental bone void filler market on the basis of material type and region:
- Dental Bone Void Fillers Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016-2028)
- Tricalcium Phosphate Ceramics
- Biphasic Calcium Phosphate Ceramics
- Calcium Phosphate Cements
- Calcium Sulfates
- Demineralized Bone Matrix (DBM)
- Dental Bone Void Fillers Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Dental Bone Void Filler Market
- Curasan, Inc.
- Olympus Terumo Biomaterials Corp.
- DePuy Synthes Companies
Check out more studies related to dental and oral care, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Dental Services Market – The global dental services market size was valued at USD 302.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% from 2021 to 2028. The diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental disorders are covered under dental services that are provided by dentists and dental professionals.
- Dental Fluoride Treatment Market – The global dental fluoride treatment market size was valued at USD 10.8 billion in 2019 and is expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of dental caries and a rise in awareness regarding oral health and hygiene are some of the key factors anticipated to drive the market for dental fluoride treatment.
- Oral Care Market – The global oral care market size was valued at USD 31.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% from 2021 to 2028. The rising prevalence of dental caries both among children and adults is expected to drive the market.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.
This is not a CAPTIS article. Originally, it was published here.