Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia appointed pain physician Anthony Sabatino, MD, as chief medical officer.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Sabatino has board certifications in anesthesiology and pain medicine. He was designated as a fellow of interventional pain by the World Institute of Pain.
2. Last June, Dr. Sabatino joined BCBSGa to lead the insurer’s development and implementation of new value-based strategies. In his new role, he will strengthen the relationship between providers, healthcare system partners and members.
3. His previous experience includes time as president and CEO of American Life Care and founder of Auxentius Medical, a medical device company. He holds the exclusive intellectual property rights for developing a new intervertebral disc replacement system.
4. Dr. Sabatino underwent his anesthesiology residency at State University of New York at Stony Brook and completed his fellowship at the State University of New York. He also completed an MBA at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
5. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Sabatino was a lecturer and instructor, and served on the boards of the Spine Intervention Society and American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.