MEXICO CITY, July 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V. (“Aeroméxico”) (BMV: AEROMEX), today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the second quarter 2021.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE SECOND QUARTER 2021
- On June 30, 2020, Aeromexico announced that it and certain of its affiliates had filed voluntary Chapter 11 petitions in the United States (“Chapter 11”) to implement a financial restructuring, while continuing to serve customers. The Company intends to use the Chapter 11 process to strengthen its financial position and liquidity, protect and preserve its operations and assets, and implement necessary operational changes to address the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grupo Aeromexico’s second quarter capacity, measured in available seat kilometers (ASKs), increased by 9.0% compared to first quarter 2021, primarily driven by a sequential recovery in domestic and international markets. Total ASKs for the second quarter decreased by 39.2% compared to the same period of 2019 due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grupo Aeromexico’s second quarter 2021 revenue reached $10.0 billion pesos, a 46.2% increase compared to the first quarter of 2021 and a 40.5% decrease versus 2019. During the quarter, revenue per ASK (RASK) in pesos increased by 34.0% compared to first quarter 2021 and decreased by 2.2% compared to the same period of 2019.
- EBITDAR for the period amounted to positive $1.9 billion pesos, an improvement of $2.3 billion pesos versus first quarter of 2021 and a decrease of $1.2 billion pesos compared to the second quarter of 2019. Second quarter 2021 operating loss amounted to $1.2 billion pesos. Operating loss excluding restructuring costs reached $609 million pesos, an improvement of $2.2 billion pesos compared to first quarter 2021 and a decrease of $728 million pesos compared to the same period of 2019, despite a 39.2% reduction in capacity.
- CASK excluding fuel in pesos was $1.113 pesos, a 2.6% decrease compared to first quarter 2021 and a 19.4% increase versus the second quarter 2019. CASK excluding fuel in dollars reached $0.055, a 2.4% decrease compared to the previous quarter and a 12.2% increase versus 2019, despite a 39.2% reduction in capacity. CASK in pesos was $1.467. CASK in dollars reached $0.073.
- Aeromexico’s cash position as of June 30th, 2021, amounted to $19.1 billion pesos, equivalent to approximately $963 million dollars. Excluding restricted cash, Aeromexico’s cash balance amounted to $17.6 billion pesos, equivalent to $888 million dollars, $84 million dollars above the total cash registered at the end of the first quarter. During the quarter, operating cash flow was positive $2.5 billion pesos.
- As at June 30th, 2021, Grupo Aeromexico’s operating fleet comprised 118 aircraft, a 11.3% increase compared to the first quarter of 2019.
Grupo Aeroméxico confirms that its voluntary process of financial restructuring under Chapter 11 of the legislation of the United States of America, will be carried out in an orderly manner while it continues operating and offering services to its customers with the same quality that characterizes it, contracting from its suppliers the goods and services required for its operation.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that reflect the current views and/or expectations of the Company and its management with respect to its performance, business and future events. We use words such as “believe,” “anticipate,” “plan,” “expect,”, “intend,” “target,” “estimate,” “project,” “predict,” “forecast,” “guideline,” “should” and other similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements, but they are not the only way we identify such statements. Such statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions. We caution you that a number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, objectives, expectations, estimates and intentions expressed in this release. The Company is under no obligation and expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. Aeroméxico, Mexico’s global airline, has its main operations center in Terminal 2 of the Mexico City International Airport. Its destination network has reach in Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central America, South America, Asia and Europe. The Group’s current operating fleet include Boeing 787 and 737 aircraft, as well as the latest generation Embraer 190. Aeroméxico is a founding partner of SkyTeam, an alliance that celebrates 20 years and offers connectivity in more than 170 countries, through the 19 partner airlines. Aeroméxico created and implemented a Health and Hygiene Management System (SGSH) to protect its clients and collaborators at all stages of its operation.
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V.
This is not a CAPTIS article. Originally, it was published here.